Chocolate chip cookies are a classic favorite treat. To make it a million times better, we’re making it vegan.
But don’t be fooled by the name. Just because it says vegan, it doesn’t mean you’ll have to buy all sorts of vegan butter and vegan margarines and vegan spatula. I made up the vegan spatula by the way but who knows.
Anyway. Cookies. Trust me when I say that these are chewy, chocolatey and oh-so-good 🙂
I have been on a baking spree lately. But like most people, I don’t have fancy ingredients in my kitchen. So the goal recently is to bake the most basic but delicious treats. I started with basic brownies and blondies (which I might also share at a future time). You might also want to look out for dairy-free ice cream. Yes, ice cream. But for now, I want to put the spotlight on these easy to make but delicious vegan cookies. And guess what, I even used a small oven toaster for this. Everyone should be able to enjoy a classic treat even without the expensive stuff, vegan or not.
Easy, Chewy, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 12-15 cookies
Bake time: 7 to 10 minutes
*Partly based on this cookie recipe from Instructables.
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp coffee powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw sugar (preferably brown or coconut sugar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (or more)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp nut butter (optional; just add 2 more tbsp of oil if you opt not to use nut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup soy milk (or milk of choice)
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl except for the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients. Make sure to stir thoroughly to prevent the cookies from cracking.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients. Mix well using a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Place a baking sheet onto the baking tray (I used the tray that came along with the oven toaster). Place 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto the sheet. You may have to spread them a little bit rather than forming balls. Cookies will still spread so leave some space in between.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. May vary depending on your oven. Do not over bake.
- Serve and enjoy with a hot cup of chocolate 🙂